Thursday, February 24, 2011

Muay Thai and Krav Maga

I consider myself an active person. I hit the gym 3x a week and lift weights.  I try to do some cardio and abs workouts in between my lifting days.  This past week I tried out Krav Maga and Muay Thai.  Krav was pretty cool.  The class had about 12 people, 8 guys and 4 girls.  Nothing too intense but I could see myself learning some cool combat techniques.

Last night I tried Muay Thai kickboxing.  Holy shit.  What a workout.  The class was a little over an hour and I was totally drenched and exhausted after 30 minutes.  I think its a great cardio activity to complement working out and losing all this weight.  I felt totally out of my comfort zone, which is a good thing, for most of the class since I had no idea what I was doing.  Oh yeah thats right, and we were sparring!  I survived the class and look forward to going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment